If you wish to save on traveling costs there is the opportunity to take ‘Virtual private classes’ with me, i.e. a combination of live (Facetime) video chats and feedback via email on videos that you send in.
This method is especially useful for choreography work, for dancers that would like input on specific concepts they are working on, and for detailed technique tweaks.
Send me an email via the Contact form for more details and online coaching prices!
Possible topics for Private/online Coaching
- Reviewing choreographies for specific performances or competitions. Also for groups.
- Technique: Basics and layering, transitions, traveling steps, turns, hands and arms, abdominals, drum solo, etc…
- Props: Veil dance, double veil, stick/cane, wings of isis, performing with zills, sword balancing.
- Concepts: Improvisation, taxim, middle-eastern rhythms, musical interpretation, dancing with live music, etc…
- Fitness: Tips for training, effective warmup and cooldown, stretches, drills, safe dance posture.
- Styles: Modern Egyptian, Golden age, fantasy, drum solo, bellybreak, baladi, saiidi, shaabi, American Veil..
- Coaching: Competition coaching/advice, tips for stage fright, choreography/technique feedback, marketing tips, etc..
- Stage work: Expression and stage usage, poses and lines, intros and exits, styling, costuming and stage makeup.
- Other topics: See workshop topics list.
“Looking back, I was a baby dancer when I took my first class with Khalida. I had been taking classes for several years and figured I pretty much knew everything there was to know. Boy, was I wrong :-)
Khalida’s classes are a fun mixture of dance, technique, conditioning (ouch!), styling and music/cultural background. She was the first teacher who encouraged me to take workshops and study with as much teachers as I possibly can. She introduced me to the local bellydance community I love so much today. I can honestly say I wouldn’t be the dancer I am today if it wasn’t for her.
Since she moved to Germany, I can’t take weekly classes with her anymore, but I still try to catch every opportunity I can to study with her. After every class, I come home with tons of inspiration and motivation! And despite her busy schedule, she always takes the time to answer any questions I may have. I consider her my coach, role model and friend.
So if you ever have the chance to study with her, don’t hesitate! I’m sure you’ll love her right away!”