If you wish to save on traveling costs there is the opportunity to take ‘Virtual private classes’ with me, i.e. a combination of live (Facetime) video chats and feedback via email on videos that you send in.
This method is especially useful for choreography work, for dancers that would like input on specific concepts they are working on, and for detailed technique tweaks.
Send me an email via the Contact form for more details and online coaching prices!
Possible topics for Private/online Coaching
- Reviewing choreographies for specific performances or competitions. Also for groups.
- Technique: Basics and layering, transitions, traveling steps, turns, hands and arms, abdominals, drum solo, etc…
- Props: Veil dance, double veil, stick/cane, wings of isis, performing with zills, sword balancing.
- Concepts: Improvisation, taxim, middle-eastern rhythms, musical interpretation, dancing with live music, etc…
- Fitness: Tips for training, effective warmup and cooldown, stretches, drills, safe dance posture.
- Styles: Modern Egyptian, Golden age, fantasy, drum solo, bellybreak, baladi, saiidi, shaabi, American Veil..
- Coaching: Competition coaching/advice, tips for stage fright, choreography/technique feedback, marketing tips, etc..
- Stage work: Expression and stage usage, poses and lines, intros and exits, styling, costuming and stage makeup.
- Other topics: See workshop topics list.
“There would be so many positive things to say… but, this time, I would just add : Thank you, Khalida, for sharing your knowledge with us, helping us grow with your teaching and, above all, making us dream with your dancing! <3”