If you wish to save on traveling costs there is the opportunity to take ‘Virtual private classes’ with me, i.e. a combination of live (Facetime) video chats and feedback via email on videos that you send in.
This method is especially useful for choreography work, for dancers that would like input on specific concepts they are working on, and for detailed technique tweaks.
Send me an email via the Contact form for more details and online coaching prices!
Possible topics for Private/online Coaching
- Reviewing choreographies for specific performances or competitions. Also for groups.
- Technique: Basics and layering, transitions, traveling steps, turns, hands and arms, abdominals, drum solo, etc…
- Props: Veil dance, double veil, stick/cane, wings of isis, performing with zills, sword balancing.
- Concepts: Improvisation, taxim, middle-eastern rhythms, musical interpretation, dancing with live music, etc…
- Fitness: Tips for training, effective warmup and cooldown, stretches, drills, safe dance posture.
- Styles: Modern Egyptian, Golden age, fantasy, drum solo, bellybreak, baladi, saiidi, shaabi, American Veil..
- Coaching: Competition coaching/advice, tips for stage fright, choreography/technique feedback, marketing tips, etc..
- Stage work: Expression and stage usage, poses and lines, intros and exits, styling, costuming and stage makeup.
- Other topics: See workshop topics list.
“Happy Friday! I wanted to end my first week back on a super happy note and reminisce about a few of the ”Epic Things I Learned” in 2013.
The first thing that comes to mind is a 3-day private Veil Intensive I booked with Khalida in May. I’m not exaggerating AT ALL when I say I learned so much that I *still* haven’t processed everything!
Not only did we work on technique and choreography, but she gave me powerful insight into posture, stage dynamics and transitions that no one else has ever revealed to me. I had so many ”aha!” moments! So yeah… thank you Khalida!
To anyone reading this, book her for an intensive! Book her for a private lesson or two! You will be AMAZED!”